18 Jan Top 10 Ideas to Engage Your Employees
You know engaged employees are more likely to improve your bottom line and customer satisfaction. But you don’t have big budgets to create a full-fledged employee engagement program. No worries, you can do something small everyday to create a positive work environment that engages your employees.
Here are my top 10 ideas for creating a healthy and positive work environment. These are small steps, but they can have a positive impact on your employee morale. Here we go:
- Encourage employees to personalize their workspace.
- Sit down and have a meal with your employees sometimes. Ask them about their family, their pets, or what they did over the weekend.
- Truly listen to your employees’ suggestions and take action to address their concerns, or explain why you cannot act right now.
- Conduct meetings outside of a conference room. Provide space for your team to generate creative ideas and provide opportunities for employees to be involved in their jobs.
- Take time to celebrate success and every milestone. Say “thank you.” Employees will know that you appreciate their contributions and efforts.
- Review their current workload to ensure that your employees are not burnt out or under undue stress.
- Recognize employees’ strengths and encourage employees to create meaning in their work.
- Practice your elevator pitch for your employees. What’s our mission? Where are we headed? Why is this a great place to work?
- Use humor in your communication or simply LOL. Encourage employees to have fun at work. Need inspiration? Check out Southwest Airlines or Zappos.
- Respect employees’ time and use it effectively. Too much work and no play makes Jack a dull employee!
Try these tips and let me know how it goes at your workplace. Do you have other tips for engaging employees? Share them here.